Friday 3 October 2008

Arsenal diehard who misspent his schooldays

"Football was my first passion - we used to spend every daylight hour kicking a ball around outside the flats - but I had a serious dilemma. I was an Arsenal fanatic but all my mates supported the enemy - Spurs. I enjoyed their friendship and didn't fancy going up to Highbury on my own when I could afford it so I started going to White Hart Lane with them.

This is not normal behaviour at all . . . "

No it isn't Bradley. It's not big and it's not clever. We're glad you've snapped out of it.

Read Bradley's account of his (temporary) descent into madness. A bagful of Olympic Golds suggests he's now fully recovered.

[Extract from Bradley Wiggins' autobiography In Pursuit of Glory; photograph: Javier Soriavo/AFP
]

No comments:

Post a Comment